Mức lương: Thỏa thuận
Chức vụ: Trưởng Nhóm
Kinh nghiệm: Chưa có kinh nghiệm
Hình thức làm việc: Toàn thời gian cố định
Yêu cầu bằng cấp: Không yêu cầu
Yêu cầu giới tính: Không yêu cầu
Mô tả công việc
World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV) invites competent candidates for the following position: WVV Special Project Coordinator (01 position)
Regular work base: Local Value Chain Development Project (KOICA project) in Trieu Phong district, Quang Tri province
Interested candidates are invited to apply ONLINE via WORLD VISION VIETNAMS WEBSITE BY 28 APRIL 2019 – https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/vietnam/field-operations/wvv-special-project-coordinator-koica-project-quang-tri/12364
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY18) with funding from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 440 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Major production of most people in Trieu Phong district relies on agriculture, which rice planting (paddy rice, and vegetables) and livestock husbandry (cow, pig and chicken) are the main income sources of the people in this area. Besides, people in 5 coastal sandy communes have additional income from fishing and aquaculture with a pretty small scale.
Regarding the natural farming model, which has been starting from May 2015, is a new farming method for partners and farmers in Trieu Phong district. Natural farming products including pig, chicken, rice and vegetables are highly appreciated by farmers and partners for its high quality and economic return. Up to now, the farmers are performing well in cultivating natural farming products on their pilot area and willing to expand their farming scale. However, the natural farming products have yet no trademarks, market outlets, and prices are not yet at par with their high quality, therefore, natural farming products gain low economic benefits.
In this phase, the project will scale up these activities, focusing on natural faming of paddy rice, vegetables, chicken and pig production and strengthening sustainable market access and mechanisms to generate a stable and sustainable income for needy farmers in Trieu Phong district.
WVV is responsible for managing the implementation of this project which is being implemented within the locations of 5 target communes of Trieu Phong which ends in December 2019. Promising approaches and practices will be documented, shared and applied not only in the province but also throughout the country where possible.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will provide support to the Project Manager and operation staff in coordinating key activities of project management, including maintaining a routine DME system, working with technical departments and partners at relevant levels, compiling project reports, coordinating training courses and events held at district/province level, accompanying visitors and helping with other administrative tasks of the project.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
- Good assistance is provided to Project Manager in building effective collaboration and networks with various development partners, private sectors at district and provincial levels.
- Good integration within KOICA project activities and between KOICA with other government projects/programme is performed at the district level, in collaboration with Project operation staffs.
- The sufficient technical inputs for project implementation at the district/province level are ensured, in cooperation with sectoral clusters, especially for capacity building and training activities.
- Specific assistance is provided to the Project Manager on ongoing and effective documentation of promising approaches and practices piloted by the project and proved to be successful, with a focus on promoting market-oriented production organization for producer groups, paying attention more to the application of natural farming methodology on plants and animals towards sustainable and safe environment
- Participate in writing project proposal such as data collection..,when requested
- A filing system is maintained to accommodate all documents pertaining to the project, including the filing of project document such as: project design, reports, minutes agreed between project and partners, survey results, monitoring and evaluation data etc.
- Project Management Board (PMB) meeting and other stakeholder meeting events are effectively prepared and coordinated.
- Effective assistance is provided to project Manager in coordinating and receiving visit from Donors, WV staff from other APs /National Office and interested parties. Accompany visitors to the project sites, acting as a guide and translator as necessary.
- Negotiate and purchase items (where necessary), organizing timely delivery and appropriate distribution of the items
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support is provided to the project manager to complete key DME events (e.g. Baseline, Mid-term and final Evaluation)
- Project M&E plan and monitoring system are designed and established in alignment with donor request and LEAP standards
- Trainings/workshops for staff and project stakeholders are organized to introduce the DME system and management information system.
- Assistance is provided to project team members, VDBs, CFs, PGs and local partners in collecting and analysing monitoring data using the log-frame and WVV’s standardized monitoring tools.
- Project monthly, semi-annual, annual and donor reports are prepared in collaboration with other project staff and used by the project team for decision making and for meeting the reporting standards of WVV and donor.
- Monitoring Information System is updated and managed for all outputs of the project.
- Assistance is provided the Project Manager and project staffs to establish a feedback loop with the community, private sectors, and other key stakeholders for the application of monitoring results for decision-making;
- Monitoring information is documented and shared with other staff/other APs and projects when appropriate.
- Conduct other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Yêu cầu công việc
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- University degree in Development Studies, Agriculture, Environment, Community Development or related field/s
- A good understanding of the culture and conditions in the area.
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects relating to environment and livelihood development
- Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organisation, mobilisation and influence of partners (especially at district level) and networking among different development partners as well as private sectors.
- Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese.
- Good English skills.
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Ability to think critically and reflect.
- At least 3 years work experience in community development, especially on environment protection projects and relating fields
- Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners and WVV’s DME system
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department – Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Hang
World Vision International - Vietnam
Address: No. 07 Vu Van Dung Street, Son Tra District, Danang, Viet Nam
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.