Mô tả công việc
U.S. Mission Vietnam U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Announcement Number: Hanoi-2019-05
Opening Period: February 21 through March 14, 2019
Series/Grade: FSN 420-9
Who May Apply: For USEFM - FS is FP-5; US$53,844(Starting Salary). Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open-to: All Interested Applicants/All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Hanoi is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Supervisory Voucher Examiner in its Financial Management Center (FMC).
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Duties: Incumbent of this position will serve as the supervisor of the Voucher Examiner team, coordinate and assign work to the team members (voucher examiners). The incumbent will act as supervisory Pre-Certifying Officer for the U.S Embassy in Hanoi and American Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City and perform review of vouchers examined by other voucher examiners. In performing the Pre-Certification review, assume the same role as the Certifying Officer in terms of considering whether payment is in the best interest of the U.S. Government (USG), whether the context of the transaction may make payment inappropriate/illegal, whether Comptroller General (COMPGEN) decision/review should be sought, etc. In addition, this position will make use of the same reference material as the Certifying Officer. The incumbent will be responsible for processing payment and claims of USG employees and vendors to the mission in accordance with applicable USG regulations; Use the computerized financial management database to effect and record financial transactions. The incumbent will supervise voucher examiners, and serve as a back up to another Pre-certifying Voucher Examiner.
Yêu cầu công việc
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or related field is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least four years of progressively responsible working experience in voucher examining, allotment accounting, disbursing or bookkeeping with a minimum of three years in U.S. government or international organization services and one year of supervisory experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
• Expert knowledge of the Standard Regulations; Department of State and associated agencies regulations: Foreign Affairs Manual(FAM), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAH), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Federal Travel Regulations (FTR), Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR); Civil Service rules pertaining to compensation, allowances; Financial Management System in terms of voucher processing and certification
• Good knowledge of the Comptroller General’s decisions of financial management cases (“Red Book”) is required.
• Good understanding of the accounting, budgeting, procurement, disbursing and internal control systems as they relate to the certification function.
LANGUAGE: Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
(This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be/have:
• Able to respond and correctly resolve a wide range of complex voucher examining problems, questions or situations.
• Demonstrated sound reasoning and logical abilities;
• Ability to understand and analyze numerous financial data, regulation and policies; good oral and written communication, supervisory and interpersonal skills; proficiency in the use of computer, calculators and financial management systems and procurement system such as RFMS/Momentum, COAST, E2 solutions, ILMS; and regular demand for using computer keyboard for date entry.
• Good math skills, good organizational skills, basic computer skills and ability to use calculators and specialized cashier software.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174: https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2017/08/DS-174-form.pdf) which is available on Embassy’s Web Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below via VietnamWorks.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
• DS-174 (https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2017/08/DS-174-form.pdf)
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi.
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Attractive salary and bonus
- Social insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance according to Labor Laws
- Professional, dynamic working environment
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: u.s. mission vietnam – u.s. embassy in hanoi
- Địa chỉ: