Mô tả công việc
Under the overall direction of the Head of Office , and the direct supervision of the Project Manager (CREST) in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), the Senior Project Assistant will provide specialized support in the implementation of projects in Southern Vietnam in the field of human migration. She/he will work directly under the Corporate Responsibility to Eliminate Slavery and Trafficking (CREST) Unit based in HCMC and closely with the Project Development and Implementation (PDI) Unit based in Hanoi. Current projects include activities related to business and human rights, private sector engagement, labour migration; and migrant health;
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide specialized assistance in planning and implementation of projects in the field of human migration and business and human rights:
• Identify issues and problems, and report them to senior managers in a timely manner with recommendations/solutions;
• Travel on field work trips (TDYs) for monitoring, conferences, meetings, and presentations;
• Draft and coordinate regular reporting narratives and financial summaries, ensuring compliance with all project reporting requirements.
2. Maintain positive relations with internal and external counterparts:
• Maintain networks and partnerships with private sector entities;
• Maintain positive relations with governmental entities, non-governmental entities, and other international organizations;
• Support capacity building and training initiatives with key stakeholders, including the private sector.
• Assist in fundraising activities with both the private sector and relevant donor communities.
3. Support new project proposal development:
• Track, compile, analyze, and present information on new developments and on relevant trends/ policies in the field of migration;
• Provide inputs and suggestions to contribute to the drafting of new project proposals and program strategies;
• Undertake desk research and data collection, and assist with the drafting of concept notes and proposals.
4. Closely coordinate activities with other Project Implementation Unit staff in both Hanoi and HCMC:
• Supervise and guide staff.
• Facilitate the work of consultants through administrative coordination;
• Draft speeches and undertake informal translations and/or interpretation upon request.
• Recommend appropriate training for staff development.
5. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Yêu cầu công việc
• High School Degree with 6 years of relevant work experience or Bachelor degree with 4 years of relevant work experience.
• Degree in Humanitarian Affairs, International Studies, Political Science, Law, Human Rights, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution preferred.
• Experience in projects management and implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
• Experience in migrant rights and vulnerability, trafficking in persons, and voluntary return and reintegration and counter migrant smuggling;
• Experience in business and human rights and corporate social responsibility;
• Good financial management skills;
• Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs, as well as in the region;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
• Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills;
• Excellent computer skills, especially in Word & Excel;
• High level of proficiency in both Vietnamese and English.
• Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
• Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the condition of others is recognized.
• Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
• Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
• Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
• Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
• Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
Managing and sharing knowledge
• Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
• Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
• Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
• Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
• Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
• Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
• Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
• Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
• Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
• Listens and seeks to understand without bias, and responds appropriately.
• Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others’ view and ideas and respects their contribution.
• Assigns responsibilities fairly and manages performance, taking account of individual strengths, workloads and interest.
• Is inclusive in decision-making and actively seeks feedback from team members and colleagues in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Takes sound and timely managerial decisions that are consistent with the Organization’s vision and purpose.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad of stakeholders to understand needs and gain support.
Empowering others and building trust
• Delegates appropriately to make the most of others’ talents, clarifying expectations and allowing autonomy in important areas while providing necessary support.
• Encourages others to take responsibility for their performance; promotes ownership, responsibility and accountability for desired results at all levels.
• Creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence in which others can talk and act without fear of repercussion.
• Gives proper credit to others, shows appreciation and rewards achievement and effort.
Strategic thinking and vision
• Aligns own actions to the Organization’s vision, values and mandate.
• Translates strategic direction into short and medium-term plans and objectives for own team; revises objectives to reflect changes in organizational goals.
• Identifies key issues/priorities in complex situations and how they may be related to one another.
• Clearly communicates links between the Organization’s strategy and the work unit’s goals.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
• Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at vietnam.iom.int
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically via VietnamWorks.
From 28/02/2019 to 14/03/2019
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Social insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance according to Labor Laws
- Professional, dynamic working environment
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: international organization for migration
- Địa chỉ: