Mô tả công việc
The position holder will work under overall leadership of Head of PE and line management of Vice-Head of PE to fulfil main responsibilities below:
1. Coordinating engagement activities and projects that involve participation of school children, science university students, science teachers, and researchers to promote science in schools and universities, such as: science debates, public engagement ambassadors, training for science teachers, science clubs.
2. Facilitating workshops, training courses to strengthen capacity of science teachers, ambassadors and researchers to better engage their science and research with school children and youth.
3. Running meetings and workshops to inform researchers about findings of the OUCRU’s schools and youth engagement programme and also disseminate them to relevant stakeholders in the public.
4. Working together with the Public Engagement team to offer trainings developing capacity for public engagement for OUCRU’s partners.
This position is based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. However, there may be requirements to travel within Vietnam to support other public engagement activities and events as well as to attend conferences overseas.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Schools Engagement Coordinator is expected to work as a team member of the schools and youth engagement team to deliver a variety assignments but also be involved with other public engagement activities. These include the following:
- Organising and implementing engagement activities in collaboration with OUCRU PE’s external partners, collaborators and researchers. These also include drafting agreements and contracts, preparing logistics, reporting finance.
- Working closely with external Vietnamese and foreign trainers to design and facilitate training activities for science teachers, science university students and researchers related to informal science learning methods.
- Managing the OUCRU’s Public Engagement Community (online interactions) and the PE Ambassadors group, coordinating and leading its all engagement activities with science university students and young researchers including but not limited to monthly science debates, ambassadors, workshops, ect...
- Working closely with science teachers and members of the OUCRU’s Public Engagement Community to provide supports of running science clubs at schools.
- Designing and facilitating meetings, group discussions with stakeholders who are involved in the schools engagement programme.
- Designing and conducting evaluation activities to collect feedback of all stakeholders participated in every single activity of the projects in charge.
- Preparing end year reports and proposing annual work plans, including activities and budget to the line manager.
- Working with the schools and youth engagement team to analyse and document engagement results informing relevant stakeholers.
- Working closely with PE team to discuss ideas, prepare materials and co-host training activities on Public Engagement for individuals and institutions outside OUCRU.
- Proposing inputs for a wider development of OUCRU Public Engagement as a whole.
- Translating and proofing reading documents related to work.
- Other tasks required either by Head of PE or line manager.
Public Engagement Group
This post is based in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam at OUCRU HCMC.
HOURS OF WORKING
Full time. Working hours are 37.5 hours per week. Overtime may sometimes be required on weekends.
Contract for one year on completion of 2 month probation with possibility of extension.
Vice-Head of Public Engagement Group
Yêu cầu công việc
- Bachelor degree in education, development study, or social science.
- At least 5 years of working experience, preferably in science education, training, iNGOs.
- Passionate about science.
- Experienced in organising and facilitating workshops, training courses by using participatory and visual methods.
- Experienced in working directly with governmental officials and interacting with international stakeholders.
- Ability to speak and write in Vietnamese and English fluently.
- Good at organisation, management, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Critical thinking and open to new approaches and ideas.
- Ability to work on own tasks, initiatives as well as a member of a team.
- Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education).
- Optional insurance : In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- Two months salary for annual bonus and clothes
- Annual leave 18 days/year for the first year, a maximum of 30 days
- Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labor Law.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates, either by email or by post to the following address:
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit
Laboratory of Clinical Science
Hospital for Tropical Diseases
764 Vo Van Kiet, Ward 1, District 5, HCMC
The cover letter should detail:
– What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position?
– What experience have you had of using participatory methods to facilitate training activities, workshops either for academic or non-academic groups?
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
22th September 2019
* We thanks all applicants for their interests but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Contracted salary: Negotiate
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: oxford university clinical research unit
- Địa chỉ: