Mô tả công việc
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on Embassy’s Web Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
U.S. Mission Vietnam U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Announcement Number: Hanoi-2019-50(R & S)
Position Title: Security Investigator
Opening Period: September 03 to Sep 17, 2019
Series/Grade: FSN 705-10
Who May Apply: For USEFM - FS is FP-5: US$51,721.00(Starting Salary). Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open-to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Hanoi is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Security Investigator in its Regional Security Office (RSO).
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Duties: Incumbent of this position will be responsible for conducting background investigations that impact employment eligibility for Locally Employed Staff for Mission Vietnam to include Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. The incumbent will develop and maintain liaison with the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security (MPS), airport enforcement authorities, and other Government of Vietnam agencies. He/she will be the primary point of contact for RSO on all matters related with Embassy Security. The incumbent will report directly to the Assistant Regional Security Officer (A/RSO). The incumbent will help develop detailed training materials that will relate to current Vietnam Security Situations. He/she will represent and present the RSO’s position at meetings with law enforcement counterparts. The incumbent will have to work long periods of time without supervision and handle sensitive legal policy matters, which routinely occur between the U.S. and Vietnamese Government.
Yêu cầu công việc
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: College or University studies is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least seven years combined recent, progressively responsible experience in any of the following areas: conducting background, law enforcement, criminal, or civil investigations; AND/OR working in prosecution; AND/OR direct liaison with Vietnamese or international government security organizations in support of operations and logistics. Additional 6 months of supervisory experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have
• A deep understanding of general Vietnamese criminal police procedures and the local law enforcement community, as well as, an in-depth understanding of local government structures, practices and regulations including Vietnamese civil and criminal laws and criminal prosecutorial procedures and norms within the judicial system. Thorough knowledge of local cultural and business practices and in-depth knowledge of administrative practices and procedures within the Consular, Political/Economic and Regional Security Sections to be able to provide advice and guidance when necessary.
• A good working knowledge of documentary sources of information and familiarity with pertinent local laws such as invasion of privacy, marriage, divorce, etc. Knowledge about criminal activities and modus operandi of criminal organizations in Vietnam.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
(This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
• Ability to conduct sensitive background investigations regarding foreign nationals and assist the RSO in conducting background investigations on American citizens by planning, investigating, fact-finding, evaluating, and writing chronological and detailed reports of investigations.
• Good computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
• Skills in all aspects of consular and Department of State-law enforcement policies and processes.
• Have a valid, current motorbike driver’s license.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi.
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office
- A compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: u.s. mission vietnam – u.s. embassy in hanoi
- Địa chỉ: