Mô tả công việc
Pursers handle all the financial matters on a cruise ship as well as many administrative tasks. Pursers also share information about the ship to both passengers and crew members. The Pursers Desk is typically centrally located in the ship for easy accessibility to passengers and crew. If the purser cant answer a question, hell be able to refer the person to someone who can.
The Chief purser is one of the Senior Management Team aboard ship. He oversees the work of ALL crew, including updating all passenger and ship accounts at the end of each cruise. He or She is responsible for or all onboard hospitality, entertainment and excursions, and acts as the public face of the company.
The Chief Purser allots tips indicated by customers to the proper department and crew members. Payments for concessionaires, such as stores and kiosks aboard ship, excursions, formalities, are similarly tallied based on the revenues each generated during the cruise and the terms of their contracts.
The Chief Purser makes spreadsheets for each department head and copies for the Operations Manager and the Saigon Office. When money is placed in account to the ship, the chief purser counts it and makes a report to the Saigon Office of monies received.
The ship purser also works with port officials to obtain the ships clearance at every port.
** List of Duties
- Greet Guests upon arrival
- Arrange Formalities (Guests/Crew)
- Check Visa requirements if any for guests upon arrival and notify agents if required
- Check Ship Certificates are all valid and report before the expiry date so new certificates can be arranged
- Arrange Pilots for Cruising if necessary
- Arranging Docking & Refueling requirements
- Monitor Crew Passports/Seaman’s Books/Certificates for validity
- Control Cash Float and Bookwork/Invoices associated, request Cash float top up from Saigon Office
- Monitor Cruise Manifests
- Arrange excursion requirements with guides and external companies
- Hold Heads of Department meetings every cruise
- Hold Crew meetings after every cruise
- Monitor quality and attendance of external guides used by company
- Monitor every Department on a daily basis using on-board checklists
- Liaise with guests on a daily basis
- Monitor Food Quality, Adherence to Menu/Recipes, monitor ordering and food costs
- Monitor Dining & Beverage service, monitor ordering and beverage costs
- Monitor Housekeeping quality ensuring company standards being met, monitor housekeeping orders
- Conduct Safety Briefings for guests prior to ship cruising
- Conduct daily briefings regarding daily itineraries making sure company itinerary is followed
- Attend Excursions periodically to ensure the guests are happy and report any issues with the excursion
- Liaise with Captain at all times monitoring cruise times, fuel usage etc
- Collate everyday passenger accounts and enter into Pandaw systems (Ship Manager -IPAD)
- Provide guests with final accounts and arrange payment of accounts
- Farewell Guests during disembarkation
- Complete Ship Reports to send to Operations, Finance and Marketing Heads.
(Pursers Report, Food & Beverage Analysis, Cash Float Report, Pax Bill & Consolidation, Wine Daily Inventory Report, Captains Log, Chief Engineers Log, Fuel Usage Log, Shop Inventory Report, Food & Beverage End of Cruise Inventory Count, Housekeeping Inventory Count)
- End of Cruise Food Cost & Stock Count completed by Head Chef
- End of Cruise Beverage & Stock Count completed by Dining Supervisor
- End of Cruise Housekeeping Stock Count completed by Housekeeping Supervisor
- Ensure all departments have Ship ready for embarking guests and are briefed on any special requirements.
Yêu cầu công việc
- Pursers must have an accounting or bookkeeping background and previous experience in accounting and administration and or Hospitality Management.
- They should have good attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- A pursers job on ship is fast-paced, with new passengers and new accounts every week, and pursers need to be both knowledgeable and efficient to do their jobs properly.
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Social insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance according to Labor Laws
- Professional, dynamic working environment
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: công ty TNHH pandaw vietnam travel
- Địa chỉ: