Mô tả công việc
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on Embassy’s Web Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are EFM)
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi.
Opening Period: August 28 through September 11, 2019
Who May Apply: For USEFM - FS is FP-3; US$69,988(Starting Salary). Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open-to: All interested Applications/All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Hanoi is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Public Health Specialist (Treatment) in its Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: Yes
Duties: Under the direction of the CDC Country Director, incumbent of the position will serve as the Division of Global HIV and TB (DGHT) Strategic Information (SI) Branch lead: the most senior scientific and technical advisor to agency officials, host country Viet Nam, Ministry of Health (MOH), implementing partners and non-Governmental organizations (NGOs) in the planning and strengthening of Strategic Information programs, including monitoring and evaluation and surveillance and epidemiological studies for all HIV and TB programs in Viet Nam. S/he will lead a team of five technical personnel and indirectly influence the work of an additional one technical staff across two CDC offices in country for DGHT and the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to conduct program development, monitoring, reporting and close collaboration with partners. The incumbent will be responsible for leading a portfolio of programming supporting the Government of Viet Nam (GVN), including all relevant line ministries, to work towards HIV epidemic control in two areas of the country: Northern Economic Zone and the HCMC Metro Area. Additionally, s/he will be the most senior SI contact with host Government ministries, including military hospitals, international SI-focused organizations and non-Governmental organizations (NGO), and multilaterals such as WHO, UNAIDS, Global Fund, etc. involved in HIV, tuberculosis, and other priority diseases in country.
Yêu cầu công việc
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: A Doctoral level degree or host country equivalent in medicine, epidemiology, biostatistics is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least seven years of work in Viet Nam as a strategic information officer (surveillance, epidemiology, monitoring and evaluation, etc.), collaborating with governmental technical agencies and bi-lateral and multi-lateral technical assistance partners is required. In which at least two years working with USG cooperative agreements and at least two years of supervisory/team management experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in advanced SI techniques including comprehensive knowledge of procedures for SI science and research.
• Thorough public health knowledge of HIV/TB; knowledge of the host Government SI facilities, health care system and structures including familiarity with MOH policies, program priorities and regulations.
• Good working knowledge of USG public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results.
• Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities and overall administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of contracts/cooperative agreements/ grants/purchase requisitions.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
(This will be tested.)
Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches.
• Ability to lead project teams and workgroups and to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners.
• Ability to influence and persuade others will be required to work collaboratively with organizations engaged in SI programs to adopt appropriate strategies for their program activities and to coordinate with partners on national strategic planning for SI programs.
• Intermediate user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
• Strong/developed presentation skills both for developing presentations in PowerPoint, key note or other platforms, and being able to present clearly in-front of large audiences.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office
- A compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: u.s. mission vietnam – u.s. embassy in hanoi
- Địa chỉ: