Mô tả công việc
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on Embassy’s Web Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are EFM)
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi.
Opening Period: August 28 through September 11, 2019
Who May Apply: For USEFM - FS is FP-4; US$56,711(Starting Salary). Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open-to: All interested Applications/All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Fixed term: One year
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Hanoi is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Public Health Specialist (Field Epidemiology Training Program) in its Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Incumbent of this position will serve as the Public Health Specialist for the Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) program of the CDC office at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam. S/he will be a key advisor to the Vietnam Ministry of Health (MOH) for the administrative, fiscal, and technical oversight of FETP program activities. The incumbent will play an essential role as an advisor in training and mentoring young physicians with the Vietnam Ministry of Health (MOH) in epidemiology, biostatistics, program reporting, outbreak investigation and related areas in the conduct of the FETP program. S/he will represent CDC on FETP issues in meetings with the Government of Vietnam and with international experts, and provides implementation guidance and technical support and evaluation to Vietnam counterparts funded by CDC, and serve as a liaison between U.S. government stakeholders and the MOH and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD). The Position’s primary responsibilities will be focusing on the management and oversight of all aspects of the developing FETP activities, as related to information systems, and other operational responsibilities, including: site visits, data collection, and coordination of training and study materials, monitoring, and quality assurance. The incumbent will also represent CDC Vietnam on FETP issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, as well as in meetings with collaborators and donor agencies.
Yêu cầu công việc
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: An MD, PhD in epidemiology, public health, biological sciences or laboratory sciences, or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or international equivalent is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least five years’ experience working in epidemiology and disease surveillance, with the MOH, MARD or other public health programs and a familiarity with USG agencies or international organizations, including WHO, FAO, OIE, or international NGOs is required. In addition, experience in developing, implementing and evaluating public health programs and coordination with international agencies or implementing partners is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
• Thorough understanding of current infectious disease issues, disease surveillance and reporting, laboratory systems and information systems, clinical care and treatment.
• Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
(This will be tested.)
Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
• Good program management and systems analytical skills.
• Good managerial skills, ability to analyze, understand and discuss data, program and systems design and revision, and management and implementation approaches.
• Intermediate user-level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
• Strong skills in the interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation data, including the ability to understand and synthesize numerical data.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office
- A compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: u.s. mission vietnam – u.s. embassy in hanoi
- Địa chỉ: