Mô tả công việc
The Project Management Unit is seeking a Hepatitis Survey Technical Officer to support and coordinate a national hepatitis community sero-survey for the cooperative agreement between the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ministry of Health of Viet Nam for implementation of the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA).
The job descriptions and requirements of the position are posted in details at the website of the General Department of Preventive Medicine, Ministry of Health: www.vncdc.gov.vn
The General Department of Preventive Medicine (GDPM), Ministry of Health seeks to recruit a Hepatitis Survey Technical Officer to support and coordinate a national hepatitis community sero-survey for the cooperative agreement (CoAg) between the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (USCDC) and the Ministry of Health for implementation of the Global Health Security Agenda.
*Name of the CoAg: Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, Systems, Capacity and Security
*Brief description of GDPM - CDC Cooperative Agreement
The Project “Protecting and Improving Public Health Globally: Building and Strengthening Public Health Impact, Systems, Capacity and Security” is a cooperative agreement between the General Department of Preventive Medicine of the Ministry of Health and the United State Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, hereafter referred to as the CoAg. The main goal of the CoAg is to strengthen the public health capacity of Vietnam by implementing the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) according to the International Health Regulations framework.
*Objective: The CoAg focuses on following major objectives: 1) Strengthen and establish surveillance systems to early detect diseases and outbreaks, especially infectious emerging diseases, for timely remedial measures; 2) Enhance the ability of rapid response and handling of the outbreak in order to avoid wide spread; and 3) Actively prevent and reduce the risk of disease outbreaks. Specific activities will be developed and implemented to meet these main objectives, at the same time to operate and manage the project following guidance and regulations of the Vietnamese and US governments.
*Project duration: The project will be implemented in 5 years (9/2014 - 9/2019) with technical support and 100% non-refundable financial aid from the USCDC.
*Project location: Ha Noi. Sometimes, travels to project sites for monitoring and technical assistance if needed.
GDPM seeks a Hepatitis Survey Technical Officer to support and coordinate a national hepatitis community sero-survey. Together with the surveillance team at GDPM, the Hepatitis Survey Technical Officer will provide technical expertise on implementing activities related to national hepatitis community sero-survey, providing technical expertise to follow up the survey progress, analyze data, and develop reports related to the survey.
* Areas of technical work include:
The Hepatitis Survey Technical Officer will be based at GDPM and under supervision of the CoAg. Specific areas of technical work include:
1. Regular data quality review and troubleshooting. Monitoring data analysis and writing technical reports.
2. Monitoring the implementation of contract partners such as PI-HCMC and Bach Mai Hospital.
3. Overseeing the progress of survey implementation.
4. Coordination of all of the different groups involved in implementation.
5. Communication regarding all aspects of the project with all project partners including GDPM, regional institutes, other MOH stakeholders, CDC-Vietnam and CDC-Atlanta.
6. Other technical issues as they arise.
7. Perform other tasks as assigned by GDPM Leaders.
Yêu cầu công việc
• Education: Master’s/PhD degree in epidemiology, public health or a related field.
• Work experience:
a. At least 5 years demonstrated experience in public health area or epidemiology and diseases surveillance.
b. Experience in data analysis and report writing.
c. Experience working effectively with government counterparts and donors.
- Strong skills in research methodology, data management and analysis, and bio-statistics
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
• Language: Good command of English, including the ability to read, write, listen, and speak (examination required if chosen for interview).
• Nationality: Vietnamese.
Salary and other benefits: following the USCDC cost-norms
*Guidance for Application:
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following, in either English or Vietnamese or both, otherwise the application will not be considered.
a) A cover letter with 3 professional references with contact details. The cover letter should justify candidate capacity against selection criteria.
b) Curriculum vitae
c) Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that addresses the qualification and experience requirements of the position as listed above.
*SUBMIT APPLICATIONS (ALL OF THE ABOVE) TO:
Hard copy to:
Division of Communicable Disease Control (Room # 603), General Department of Preventive Medicine; 135/1 Lane, Nui Truc Street, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi.
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Following the USCDC cost-norms
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ:
- Địa chỉ: