Mô tả công việc
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174: https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2017/08/DS-174-form.pdf) which is available on Embassy’s Web Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below via email: HanoiHR[@]state.gov
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Opening Period: May 22 through June 5, 2019
Who May Apply: For USEFM - FS is FP-BB; US$23,045 (Starting Salary). Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open-to: All Interested Applicants/All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Hanoi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions of Guard in its Regional Security Office (RSO).
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Duties: Incumbents of these positions will perform security guard services at official U.S. Government facilities and residences to ensure the safety and security of personnel and facilities.
Yêu cầu công việc
Education: Completion of secondary school (grade 12) is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year of experience in military, police or security work is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must keep abreast of current threat information, terrorist tactics. Must be knowledgeable of Mission organization, offices, building, residences and streets of Hanoi. Must be knowledgeable of emergency procedures, guard orders, basic first aid, firefighting equipment, and local laws as applies to arrest and detention of suspicious individuals.
LANGUAGE: Level 2 (limited knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
(This will be tested.)
Level 4 (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to interpret and apply access control policies as they apply to the various types of visitors. Must be able to independently and effectively resolve access control conflicts with employees and visitors. Must be able to effectively communicate with persons from all socio –economic levels.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi.
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Attractive salary and bonus
- Social insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance according to Labor Laws
- Professional, dynamic working environment
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: u.s. mission vietnam – u.s. embassy in hanoi
- Địa chỉ: