Mô tả công việc
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on Embassy’s Web Site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/job-opportunities-in-hanoi/.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi.
Opening Period: September 6 through September 20, 2019
Series/Grade: FSN 401-6
Who May Apply: For USEFM - FS is FP-8; US$32,831.00(Starting Salary). Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open-to: All Interested Applicants/All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Hanoi is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Financial Clerk in its Financial Management Center (FMC).
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Incumbent of this position will serve as a Financial Clerk in the Vouchering Unit to receive invoices from vendors, prepare vouchering packages, and submit vouchers to Post Support Unit (PSU). S/he will act as Point of Contacts with PSU on all vouchering matters. The incumbent will provide administrative support for Vouchering Unit; back up to other voucher examiners and perform any other assignment as assigned.
Yêu cầu công việc
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: College or university studies is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year of progressively responsible experience in accounting or vouchering is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
• Good knowledge of office operations and procedural requirements pertaining to functions performed in an Accounting Office.
• Good basic knowledge of standard accounting clerical procedures used to process and record transactions and accounting data.
LANGUAGE: Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
(This will be tested.)
Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Good interpersonal skill is also required.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office
- A compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: u.s. mission vietnam – u.s. embassy in hanoi
- Địa chỉ: