Mô tả công việc
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on Embassy’s Web Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are EFM)
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi.
Opening Period: Aug 27 through September 10, 2019
Who May Apply: For USEFM - FS is FP-6; US$49,108(Starting Salary). Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open-to: All Interested Applications/All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Hanoi is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Commercial Assistant in its U.S. Commercial Service (USCS).
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: May direct subordinate temporary employees and interns engaged in trade promotion and commercial work.
Duties: Incumbent of this position will report directly to Senior Commercial Officer/Commercial Attaché. S/He will assist U.S. firms to develop and implement market entry and expansion strategies, undertake in-depth market research, reporting complex information in concise, readable formats to clients and, as necessary, in support of high-level Department of Commerce (and possibly other agency) officials. The incumbent will create trade promotion opportunities bringing U.S. and Vietnam business representatives together for discussions and projects; Analyze market trends and evaluate market research for assigned industry sectors; and maintain working-to mid-level contacts in key industry sectors and with relevant government entities in Vietnam. The incumbent will also advise U.S. clients on Vietnam laws and regulations as they affect trade and investment opportunities; track client satisfaction by seeing that participation agreements for CS services are cleared in the system and generates export WIN reports resulting from counseling and trade promotion activities; and maintain client records in Salesforce, meeting WINs, Client Assists and Commercial Diplomacy targets as assigned annually. The incumbent will provide guidance to contractors and be responsible for handling event management and logistics for their assigned client accounts. S/he will be responsible for identifying new clients, developing scopes of work and closing fee-for-services negotiations.
Yêu cầu công việc
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: A bachelors degree or host country equivalent in economics, marketing or related field is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, business, international organization or closely related fields is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have basic knowledge of Vietnam’s market policies, regulations related to assigned sectors and other policies / regulations relevant to the two-way trade between Vietnam and the United States.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
(This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
• Ability to develop and maintain appropriate contacts in the host government and private sector.
• Analytical skills and ability to interact with and provide advice to U.S. clients, and to coordinate, plan and manage events and services for those clients. Skill in basic office IT applications, including MS word, MS Excel & computer terminal equipment for the entry & retrieval of data.
• Must be able to work as a team.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office
- A compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office
Thông tin liên hệ
- Người liên hệ: u.s. mission vietnam – u.s. embassy in hanoi
- Địa chỉ: