Mô tả công việc
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below via email: HanoiHR[@]state.gov
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
• Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Opening Period: May 20 through June 3, 2019
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Hanoi is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Custodian in its Facility Maintenance (FAC).
The work schedule for this position is:
• Full Time (44 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Incumbent of this position will perform a wide range of duties at US government owned and leased offices and residences. Assignments involve the daily cleaning of the offices, sidewalks, and common areas of the Embassy compound or other US government owned or leased spaces. The incumbent will be directly supervised by the Custodian Supervisor.
Yêu cầu công việc
Open-to: All Interested Applicants/All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: Completion of secondary school (grade 12) is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year of janitorial work experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must a detailed knowledge of office cleaning, with emphasis on cleaning supplies.
Level 1 (Rudimentary knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 2 (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have skills in office cleaning.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Hanoi.
For More Info: Human Resources Office
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Social insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance according to Labor Laws
- Professional, dynamic working environment